16 March 2006

Kedah, home to Silat galore

A job related day trip took me to Gurun, Kedah last night. It hit me that when my boss mentioned going to Gurun, the first thing that popped in my head wasn't the fact that we had a prominent client there. It was a name. Cikgu Abdul Majid Mat Isa better known as guru Pak Andak Majid, guru utama of Pertubuhan Silat Seni Pusaka Gayong Malaysia, whose headquarters is in Gurun.

During the drive there, we passed by the turning off to Baling, the home cikgu Sani, the Pak Guru of Pertubuhan Seni Silat Kuntau Tekpi Malaysia. Although I've never actually been to Gurun, but I once visited cikgu Sani in his home and witnessed, among others their grading ceremony, village style. Back then, his late father, Pak Guru Zainol Abidin, was still among us. It was a proud moment for me to be able meet him, even for such a short time.

Original Article by Mohd Nadzrin Wahab

2 comments:

xan said...

laaa.. dah pi sungai petani..tak singgah nasi kandaq di kedai mamak situ kaa?? sedap jgak oii.. kalau pi lajak pi pekan rabu aloq setaq singgah beli dodoi di kedai Mak Jah.

Mohd Nadzrin Wahab said...

Salam hormat,

Mana boleh weh. Ikut bos naik keta, malu la nak mintak singgah-singgah. Lain la kalau keta kite.

Salam persilatan,