08 July 2001

Accused: I took a fall at silat practice

KUALA LUMPUR, Thurs. - An Al-Ma'unah member told the High Court today that he pretended to have been defeated by the group leader during a silat practice just because he wanted to obtain a certificate at the end of the course.

Mohd Ramly Mohamood, 46, said he pretended to have been thrown back by the powers emitted from the leader, Mohd Amin Mohd Razali, when he (Ramly) and a few other members tried to attack him (Amin) during a course in Cherating, Pahang.

Ramly, who is from Tanah Merah, Kelantan, said he pretended to fall after being scolded by Amin because he did not fall when other group members did so.

"At that time I did not feel anything (Amin's powers) when other group members were thrown back after they faced Amin," he said.

Asked by his counsel, Zainal Ithnin, what Amin said when scolding him, Ramly said:

"He said if I did not fall I would not be able to increase my knowledge in silat and traditional medicine."

Ramly, a driver with Felcra before his arrest, agreed with Zainal's suggestion that he would not get a certificate at the end of the course if he did not fall.

"If I did not fall, I was afraid that I would not be able to get a certificate. Therefore I had no choice but to make myself fall."

Ramly said it was important for him to obtain the certificate at the end of the course.

"Only if I have the certificate would I be able to learn advanced techniques in traditional medicine from Abang Manaf."

Abang Manaf (no full name) was the Al-Ma'unah khalifah (leader) for Kelantan.

Ramly was making his defence in the trial in which he, Amin and 17 others were charged with waging war against the Yang di-Pertuan Agong at three places in Perak, between June and July 6 last year.

They were alleged to have committed the offence at:

* Pos 2, Km19, Kuala Rui, Jalan raya Timur Barat, Grik,

* Batallion 304, Infantri (AW), Kem Grik, and

* Bukit Jenalik, Kemajuan Tanah Ngor, Sauk, Kuala Kangsar.

On his involvement in the Bukit Jenalik incident, Ramly said he participated in the course after six other group members from Kelantan who were supposed to take part could make it at the last minute.

Hearing before judge Datuk Zulkefli Ahmad Makinudin continues on Tuesday.

Sourced from http://www.accessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-76385740/accused-took-fall-silat.html

No comments: