JOHOR BAHARU, Sept 12 (Bernama) -- The national pencak silat team manager Datuk Mohd Rashidi Mohd Noor today denied a press report that two Malaysian male exponents had brought women to their rooms on Sunday.
"The press report was slanderous as the incident never happened," he said at a press conference here today.
Mohd Rashidi expressed regret over the report which had affected the performance of the nationnal exponents who were competing in the quarterfinals today.
Only two of the eight Malaysian exponents made it to the semifinals in the fighting category.
The press report which quoted sources today stated that the two silat exponents who had brought women to their rooms had been detained by police on duty at the hotel where the contingent were staying.
Rashidi said he had contacted the police officer at the hotel and the officer had denied that police had detained the two exponents.
Sourced from http://www.accessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-78235085/silat-team-manager-denies.html