24 February 2008

Silat documentary hurting feelings?

There is good news of a local television production company making their rounds to gelanggangs and classes to film various silat styles for a documentary. It's expected to be screened on a government channel soon.

However, I have received comments from two masters who were directly involved with the filming concerning the conduct of the host and the crew. The host is someone I'm familiar with. I suspected miscommunication between them, but to have two different styles complain about the same thing got me wondering.

If they're reading this, I hope they ask those masters they interviewed what put them off and made them regret ever giving those interviews. Perhaps apologies are in order. The Malaysian silat scene is a small world and word gets around. It would do well to keep the lines of communication open.

In any case, congratulations on the effort and news on the documentary will be forthcoming as soon as I get it.

Original Article by Mohd Nadzrin Wahab

No comments: