06 October 2005

'If I can't have her, no one else will'

SHAH ALAM: A jilted lover told a silat master that if he could not have Norzi Ayu Md Noor, then no one else would, a murder trial heard yesterday.

Having said this, the accused, Irawadi Muhammad, 24, held his former girlfriend Norzi at knife-point, as silat master Azman Mat Zain pleaded in vain with him to release her.

Azman, 33, the fourth prosecution witness, told the High Court that for one hour on July 26, last year, he pleaded with Irawadi to let Norzi Ayu go.

"I told Irawadi to remember Allah, and to be patient.

I told him to find another, as he is still young.

"I also told him to leave the place and I would not report the matter to the police," he said during examination-in-chief by DPP Salehuddin Saidin.

Azman: At this juncture, Irawadi replied, 'If I can't have her, no one else would'.

I tried to calm Irawadi down as he held a knife to Norzi Ayu's abdomen.

I told him to sit down and discuss the matter but he refused.

"Eventually, Norzi Ayu ran into a room, followed by Irawadi who then locked the room.

I knocked on the door several times, calling out to Norzi Ayu but there was no reply.

"I rushed to the living room, found a set of keys, and tried opening the door.

On my second attempt, I managed to open the door." Salehuddin: What did you see when you opened the door? Azman: I saw the accused lying on a bed, while the victim was lying face down on the floor.

I pounced on the accused and tried to grab the knife.

Irawadi tried to stab me but I managed to evade the attacks.

The witness said after he managed to flee from the accused, he rushed to Norzi Ayu and saw her collapse on the living room floor.

"When I saw blood on her shirt in the region of the abdomen, I carried her to my car and sent her to the Kajang Hospital.

"I also told Irawadi to leave as I wanted to send Norzi Ayu to the hospital.

At that juncture, the accused fled from the scene." Azman said the knife which the accused held was about 25.4cm long.

On the way to the hospital, Azman said he called out to Norzi Ayu but she just shook her head, continuously.

"That same night, Norzi Ayu passed away," said Azman, a security officer at the Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) in Bangi.

Irawadi is charged with murdering Norzi Ayu, a researcher at Institute of Medical Research, on July 26, last year, between 3.30pm and 5pm, at 2-1-6, Block ST2, Apartment Sri Tanjung, Jalan 7/1D, Section 1, Bandar Baru Bangi.

Trial before judge Datuk K.

N.

Segara continues on Nov 16 and 17.

Written by RITA JONG
Sourced from
http://www.accessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-137261448/if-cant-have-her.html

No comments: