05 October 2005

'Norzi told me she had been threatened'

SHAH ALAM: Three months before her death, Norzi Ayu Md Noor's relationship with boyfriend Irawadi Muhammad was heading for the rocks.

The medical researcher had told her silat master that they were always arguing.

Azman Mat Zain, 33, the silat master who is also a security officer at Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia in Bangi, told the High Court yesterday that he knew both Norzi Ayu and Irawadi well, as both were his students.

During examination-in-chief by DPP Salehuddin Saidin, the fourth prosecution witness said he knew Norzi Ayu since 1997 and came to know Irawadi in 2001.

"In July last year, I sent Norzi Ayu home on two occasions after she told me she had been threatened," he said.

Salehuddin: In July, did she tell you about her personal problems? Azman: Yes.

She mentioned that between April and June that they were constantly quarrelling.

She, however, did not give any reasons for the arguments.

Salehuddin: On July 26, last year, between 1pm and 3.30pm, where were you? Azman: I was on duty at the UKM security office.

Salehuddin: Did you receive a telephone call regarding Norzi Ayu? Azman: Yes.

At 2.45pm, I received a call on my mobile phone from an unidentified woman.

She asked if I was Azman.

She then said: "Come to Norzi Ayu's house.

It is very important." I didn't ask who she was, but the woman told me she got a note stating that I was needed by Norzi Ayu.

Salehuddin: What did you do after that? Azman: I rushed to Norzi Ayu's house on the first floor of the Sri Tanjung Flats in Section 7, Bandar Baru Bangi.

I saw her front grille locked.

Another padlock was broken and on the floor.

I called out Irawadi's name.

Salehuddin: Why did you call his name? Azman: I guessed he was at her home, as Norzi Ayu had previously told me Irawadi had broken into her home before.

Salehuddin: Did anyone answer you? Azman: No.

I was there for about 30 minutes, before looking for alternative ways to get in.

I went to the ground floor and saw a ladder on a lorry.

I took the ladder and climbed into her home.

When I reached the balcony, I opened the door and went to the front of the flat.

"There, I saw Irawadi and Norzi Ayu.

Irawadi was shocked when he saw me, and quickly grabbed Norzi Ayu by her neck with one hand, while holding a knife in his other hand.

Trial continues today before judge Datuk K.N. Segara.

Sourced from http://www.accessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-137202699/norzi-told-me-she.html

No comments: